Nuova settimana, nuova intervista: stavolta tocca ad Alden Tyrrel, nota firma della disco olandese, che ci ha regalato gran bei pezzi di traccia come Love Expolosion o Disco Lunar Module e fedele da sempre alla tedesca Clone Records.
A portarlo al Tunnel di Milano questo venerdì 27 aprile ci pensano gli amici de Le Cannibale. Alden salirà sul palco per un live ricco di arrangiamenti personalizzati, dimostrando come la perfetta mescolanza di techno ed elettronica, house e nu-disco sia in realtà sulla bocca di tutti, ma arte di pochi. Sarò misera di parole, il sonno sta prendendo possesso di me e Alden Tyrrel è carta conosciuta per gli appassionati di musica.
Ecco l’intervista di DLSO:
1. Hi Alden, introduce yourself to our readers.
Hello readers, i’m Alden Tyrell from Rotterdam, Netherlands. I’m a dutch producer of electronic music, released the majority of my music on dutch recordlabel Clone from Rotterdam since 1996.
2. What job does your mother think you do?
She’s well aware of what im doing in life, with all its ups and downs.
3. Have you never thought to found your personal label to be more independent with your ideas?
Yes, many times… but then i always backed off..knowing how bad my organising skills are, knowig about the hassle thats coming with it… and since we at Clone are all very close friends, the independence of ideas never really was a big issue…or at least we are sort of keeping ourselves on the same level by being friends.
4. Your personal top 5 of all the tracks you remixed in your career.
I think i havent done that many remixes at all..but these would be:
1) Jolly Music – (parallax corporation w. Alden Tyrell rmx)
2) Murphy Jaxx – Its the music (alden Tyrell rmx)
3) Auser and Tyrell – Blondes and brunettes ( Tyrells Club Mix)
4) Gerd – Palm Leaves (Tyrell Dub Mix)
5) Creatures – Other Worlds Robots ( Tyrell Cover version)
5. Do you know any Italian names of the underground music scene? For example, Fred Ventura comes from the 80es and he is very appreciated abroad.
I know a lot of italian names from the 80s of course, producers that made the sound i grew up on..too many to mention, but Fred Ventura is one of them…and our scene overhere has always been very close with some people from Rome: Marco Passarani, Andrea Benedetti, Francesco De Bellis and Mario Pierro, I meet up with Alexander Robotnick from Florence once in a while, when were out there somewhere, Beppe Loda, Peaknick DJ are a few other names that i really appreciate for what theyre doing..
6. Confess to me a secret.
Nobody knows that i dont like weird questions in interviews…….;)
7. The main things signed in your to do list.
– get some excersise…im getting rusty
– get more money in
– fix my GSSL compressor
– fix my OBX-a and Korg Poly 61
8. Could you greet our followers in your favourite language? Suggest us three songs released in 2012 we can’t live without.
Bonjour lecteurs…Salutations de Rotterdam. Que dois-je faire ici, puis allez à Google traduction pour choisir une langue pour cette question… je pense que le français n’est pas un mauvais choix ;)
1) The entire Drexciya re-issue Series – Clone Records….for some proper detroit techno histor awareness
2) legowelt north sea spectrum EP
3) Alden Tyrell ft Mike Dunn – Touch The Sky (soon on Clone Jack for Daze)
more info on facebook.
si consiglia di arrivare presto per evitare disagi alla porta
10 euro in lista fino alle 00.00
13 euro in lista fino alle 01.00
15 euro altrimenti
METTITI IN LISTA PER L’INGRESSO RIDOTTO