Helena Kholkina è una giovane fotografa di moda moscovita, che viaggia ovunque non appena le è possibile. Quando non gironzola, fotografa le sue modelle bellissime, e tiene un diario di immagini, molto belle nella loro semplicità, frazioni di giornate in case disordinate, ritratti che sembrano casuali, volti agghindati da robe trovate a terra.
●when you started making photos, or decided this was your way?
– I started taking photographs maybe 15 years ago, just to document some pretty places and faces during my trips. Camera helps me overcome many troubles and makes me a braver person.
●your favourite colour?
– I have none. Any color could be a favorite for some time and then change to something else.
●your favourite photo and your favourite own photo?
– It’s not exactly a photo but a still from the film “Melancholia”. And my own would be this one, taken in Norway last year. It’s a friendof mine, and the picture evokes even too many memories.
●when you work with models you start with a particular idea or you are open to suggestions during the shooting?
– Usually it starts with some ideas in mind, but everything is subject to changes during the shoot. I love going from the model and the place. If original ideas suddenly seem dull or not working, I let them
●When you dance you dance like who or what?
– Haha. There are two ways that I dance: – when I irishdance I dance like a thin soldier; and when I dance for fun, it’s like Tom Waits, Roberto Benigni and a crazy person on a windy day.