Hai presente quei nerdoni intrippati di musica che si occultano per mesi nei loro studi di registrazione (che può variare da un IBM scarso e un intero garage pieno di synth, pad e drum machine) fino a partorire tracce che sono mostri a tre teste? Ecco, Legowelt è esattamente così che devi immaginartelo. Produttore da oltre vent’anni, ci ha raccontato cosa ha imparato dalla musica in una carriera costellata di successi, escursioni tra generi ed esperienze vissute sulla propria pelle. Le Cannibale te lo porta al Tunnel venerdì 10 maggio. Se non hai vinto l’abbonamento per lo Spring Attitude di Roma, non ti dannare. Ti offriamo un ottimo palliativo.
1) Hi Danny, how are you? When was the last time you visited Milan?
I am fine, last time I was in Milan was in 2011, I think I played at this party next to a lake under the Squadra Blanco name and it started to rain really bad I remember and everything got flooded but it was a lot of fun.
2) You have been producing music for 20 years with numerous different monikers. I’m very curious to know where you took inspiration for each one of them.
Inspiration comes from everywhere, other artists, things u see, read or hear basically from everywhere, history, books, movies, science etc. I could make a list with every moniker and where it came from but that would be a pretty long list as you can imagine and I will spare the poor reader this sludge.
3) If you should identify the most relevant influences on your well-rounded musical taste, which international scenes would you choose?
Uhmm international scene I guess Detroit techno that’s pretty much where everything is at and my biggest inspiration in the end, the most visionary and imaginative…nothing’s like Detroit.
4) After the release of your hit track ”Disco Rout” in 2002 you gained a lot of mainstream exposure and the world of clubbing started to consider you a benchmark for quality in electronic music. What has changed since that moment in terms of your credibility?
I never had much credibility before or after that I didn’t change much just kept on doing what i was doing before I guess.
5) We know you have an impressive production studio with tons of gears and analogic instruments. Let’s enter your wonderland and give us an imaginary guided tour of its best parts.
Best parts are the tropical plants and lasers, I got a star system galaxy laser on the roof, I can turn the lights off and turn those lasers on and the studio looks like a planetarium observatory…thats really nice to play some 90s ambient style ambient stuff. As for synthesizers my whole house is crammed with those things, they are in every nook and corner and it got even more full with those things cause XOSAR is also living here and brought a large part of her synthesizer collection. There is some Italian synthesizers there too from Elka and Crumar…you know the Crumar DS-2? Sun Ra used to play that one!
6) What is the future of electronic music in your opinion? Which role will you take in this panorama?
I don’t know, I hope it gets more supernatural and mystic especially techno, less bland and plastic, that it goes back to real freaky shit like they used to do in Detroit not just a boring beat…but its going there slowly I guess…guys like Actress are pushing music into new directions. My role into this will be insignificant I would rather be some freaky new age producer like Iasos and live in the desert and try to make contact with extraterrestrials.
7) I think that our life is a blend of the lessons we learn from our own past experiences and the lessons we learn from the people around us. What has been the most important lesson you learned about music in such a long career in the business?
Well that u just got to do what you want yourself, don’t bow down to any expectations or conform to certain norms that are expected from bigger institutions…never be a pedestrian mindless zombie and don’t watch tv cause thats a waste of time.
More info: facebook
si consiglia di arrivare presto per evitare disagi alla porta
13 euro in lista fino alle 01.00
15 euro altrimenti
METTITI IN LISTA PER L’INGRESSO RIDOTTO