A dispetto del nome, tutto appaiono meno che acidi. Anzi, sono così gentili che rispondono addirittura separatamente alle nostre domande, quando l’artista più carino in genere ti invia monosillabi risicati dopo sedute intensive di email-stalking.
Per il resto, sono due ragazzi che ”generano suoni dividendosi tra ricordi, amici, studi fatti in casa e congegni analogici”, creando un’elettronica sofisticata con note acidule di pop.
Ascoltare per credere: venerdì 18 novembre al Tunnel di Milano.
Naturalmente, made in Le Cannibale.
1) Hi guys, introduce yourselves to our readers.
Andrew Claristidge : I am Andrew from Acid Washed.
Richard D’Alpert : I’m Richard D’Alpert, co-founder of Acid Washed, and a bad boy who dreams to be a good one everyday. With a daily fail.
2) Describe your music in three words.
AC : Laristidge: psychedelic, epic and modern.
RD : Melancholic, clubby, powerful.
3) When did you decide to let your passion become a job ?
AC : When I decided to leave France for some years and travelled around the world to play DJ gigs :)
RD : I never had a so-called job with a monthly salary. I always did work around my passionS.
4) Your career is full of lucky encounters and collaborations with some of the most important figures in the international scene, like Cristophe Chassol or Xaver Naudascher . How these encounters happen ?
AC : Xaver is an old friend of mine. I met him in Berlin 6 or 7 years ago. And I met Christophe also in Berlin when he was touring with Sebastien Tellier.
RD : Mostly in bars & clubs, then in our homes, and studios…One thing leading to an another, naturally. I guess that’s what friendship is.
5) Are you satisfied of your experience with the ”Record Makers” label ? Let’s talk about it.
AC : Yes we are! We love their unique vision. I like how they underdstood that visuals are as much important as the music.
RD : We’re proud to be part of that team. We have a very fruitful collaboration on every level. We both share the same goals &, more importantly, same visions.
6) ”Good guys go to heaven, bad boys go everywhere” is a description of you that i often found on your pages. Don’t you think it’s a little bit adolescent compared to your music ?
AC : Yes it is. We try to keep us young. Unfortunatly we are getting more and more mature ; )
RD : Again, It is better to go everywhere, do everything & come back in one piece. Then u’re a man who know what he’s talking about. At least, it’s what I’d like to teach my kids when I’ll get some. As an attitude toward life, this is everything but adolescent : it took me 29 years to live along with that motto.
7) Is there the intention to realize a new album in the list of the next things to do ?
AC : It is almost finished.
RD : It will be out Spring 2012. And it’s gonna be BIG?
8) Ok, we have finished. Greet our followers in your favourite language and recommend us a song.
AC : Thanks U guys that was nice speaking with U. If it is an Acid Washed song: General Motors, Detroit, America.
RD : Grazie mille, amici. É ascolta “Enola Gay” de OMD.
E poichè non ci facciamo mancare niente, ecco la playlist consigliataci direttamente dai miei due nuovi migliori amici:
1- Xaver Von Treyer “Lunar Rover”
2- Acid Washed & Prince 85 “Prince Acid”
3- Marcello Giordani “Chubby Rain”
4- Lippie “All the cities”
5- Yuksek “Always on the run” Acid Washed remix
6- Patten “Fire dream”
7- Cascao & Lady Maru “Burundance”
8- Arnaud Rebotini “Another place, another time” Acid Washed remix
9- Der Dritte Raum “Swing pop” Acid Pauli’s kosmik remix
10- Soundwalk Collective “Medee”
Facebook Official Event: link
More info: email@example.com
10 euro in lista entro le 00.00, 12 euro in lista entro le 01.00, 15 euro altrimenti.
Mettiti in lista per l’ingresso ridotto: firstname.lastname@example.org