We fell in love with Square Mode since we’ve listened to this track. So we’ve decided to make a little chat with them in order to find out something more about them. Check it.
1) Hi, introduce yourself to our reader.
Hey, we are Square Mode. Two “young” guys from Paris. We produce House, Techno, whatever you want to call it.
2) How did you come up with the name “Square Mode”?
The Square represents our vision of Techno music. The name doesn’t have a deeper meaning than that, we just thought it sounded good.
3) You’re very young, when did you start to make music and not only to listen to?
Mayckel has been playing guitar since he was 12 years old. Electronic producing started at around 18 years old. We still seek new music as much as we can.
4) You have an Ep out on discobelle coming in june. Tell us something about it.
The Discobelle EP is very different from any of our other productions. These are tracks we produced last December, the weather was dark and so are the tracks.
5) And what about the future projects? According to the preview i’ve heard there will be a change in sound.
Our upcoming tracks are much more thought out than any of our tracks you can find online. Now that we know excactly what genre we want to produce, we work as much as we can for it. We have some remixes coming out soon, but as for our own productions, you wont be hearing them for a while.
6) What are you listening in this period?
At the moment we listen to Nicolas Jaar, James Blake, Paul Kalkbrenner, Gesaffelstein, Arnaud Rebotini… and all the stuff from m-nus to bpitch control.
7) We’ve finished. Greets the readers in your favourite language and suggest us a song.
Mazel Tov! Xenia Beliayeva – Music (Kiko Remix)